Words Hope Crick Photography Sam Emerson
With Bad 25, acclaimed director Spike Lee has produced the first in-depth, behind-the-scenes film to chronicle a Michael Jackson album. "Al I had to show was the hard work that he put in, that was the goal," Lee told ARISE in our exclusive interview with him in Issue 17.
Marking the 25th anniversary of the late King of Pop’s iconic Bad album, the documentary features interviews with the likes of Kanye West, Stevie Wonder and Quincy Jones – and provides an insider's perspective on the album that produced five consecutive number one singles, earned four Grammy Award nominations and generated over 30million sales.
To win a copy of the deluxe edition of Bad 25 simply answer this question and send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8pm GMT on Wednesday December 19:
In which year was Michael Jackson's album Bad released?
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK and US only, 18 years or over, except employees of ARISE MEDIA UK Limited and THISDAY, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with this prize.
2. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. One winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date.
4. All entries must be received by the published closing date.
5. The winner will be notified by email, telephone or letter and their name and the name of the county where they live may be published. The winner will be notified within two days of the published closing date of the prize draw. Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of contestants, illegal or otherwise.
6. The prizes as published are available on the date of publication. The prize is subject to availability and to any published restrictions. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
7. The winner may be required to participate in publicity. Note that by entering into this competition you agree to have your name released as the winner, should you be drawn as a winner of the prize.
8. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.